Image Map

Thursday, March 19, 2015

We're BACK!

Okay, technically we have been back on glorious American soil for over a month now. We spent our first married Valentine's Day flying back to sweet home Chicago. And how did the city prepare for our return? With freezing cold temperatures! I instantly regretted not bringing my heavy duty winter coat and shipping it home instead. 

Two days later, our belongings were delivered from storage. To say this lead to a chaotic scene was an understatement. Boxes were everywhere, so much so we had no space to unpack and the first day was spend moving chaotic piles from one area to the next. Don't get me wrong, I love to clean and organize, like love to clean and organize, but this was too much all at once. 

A week and a half later we finally were unpacked, just in time for our shipped items to arrive. But hey, that was only five boxes. We easily handled that after our initial trauma! All of this packing, unpacking, reorganizing, and purging of our items left me in need of some inspiration, more inspiration than Pinterest could deliver for me. 

Enter: my latest read. The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up speaks to my soul. The title itself calms me and leads to hallucinations of the smell of a newly scrubbed floor. 



Moving and resettling in can lead to anxiety and a sense of overwhelm. Just reading the table of contents in this book brings about a feeling of calm. It really speaks to the idea that you are the space which surrounds you. Clutter equals chaos, a lack of cleanliness leads to a lack of mental order. If you're on the look out for a new read, or in need of a kick in the pants for your spring cleaning routine, check out Marie Kondo's book.

That being said, we have a lot coming our way. We've hit the ground running and have been going constantly since we returned. Europe was an experience I loved, it made me a stronger person and more aware of the world, as well as myself. However, it is so unbelievably good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment