Image Map

Monday, April 14, 2014

My Thighs Are On Fire!

I did something rather crazy this weekend. I paid for workout classes. WHAT? Such insanity! I know, I never saw myself doing such a thing either but with less than four and half months until the wedding, I needed a change. Admittedly, I was becoming bored with home workouts and my level of intensity throughout my sweat sessions has not been at it's full potential. I was over it. 

Enter late night online purchases.

This afternoon I went too my first Pure Barre class. I took ballet growing up, I do pilates regularly, and while my arms and abs leave some room for improvement my legs have always been solid and strong. Ho. Ly. Crap. The arms were a bit tough, core work was a struggle, but my legs literally went to jelly, nothing like looking at yourself in a mirror and being terrified your lower half will give way under you as it shakes like crazy! Regardless, I loved it. I am super crazy and going back tomorrow morning and every day the rest of the week (it's my spring break, I have to take advantage!). 

I have a month unlimited pass and I am hoping this will be my wedding workout match from heaven. Because, although it snowed/hailed on me as I was walking (dragging myself) home, swimsuit season is also approaching! Yay beaches, warm weather, and SUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment