Image Map

Monday, September 1, 2014

A Summer Wedding in Cabo

As I type this from my couch in Stuttgart, Germany, I am in awe of all of the fun memories and once in a lifetime experiences this summer held. Allow me to catch you up to speed over the next few posts.

Tom, my now husband, and I  traveled to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico in early June for my sorority sister's wedding. I had the honor of being a bridesmaid and, with my own wedding rapidly approaching, was looking forward to gaining a bit of wedding insight. Since Tom and I had never been to Cabo before, we were looking forward to some sun and relaxation. Upon arriving we took a shuttle bus to the resort, Cabo Villas. For whatever reason, I expected the climate to be humid and borderline sweltering. I had not done my research. The drive to Cabo Villas was full of desert landscapes and views of other hotels and resorts. Our first night in Cabo consisted of the wedding rehearsal and an unbeatable rehearsal dinner.


The bride is pure class, so naturally the rehearsal dinner was on a catamaran, allowing us to eat and relax while taking in the amazing view.


A beach ceremony was the following day, it was beautiful. The bridal party danced in to "Happy" by Pharrell, which was no easy feat in my three and a half inch wedge heels! She chose the perfect bridesmaids dresses for us. They were light and airy; ideal for a hot, summer wedding.

Cocktail hour and the reception followed at the Hacienda Cantina y Cocina. Pictures were a blast, we did races down the beach and narrowly avoided getting wiped out by incoming waves! I cannot wait to see how the pictures turn out. The bride and groom absolutely wowed all of us with a choreographed dance to "Save The Last Dance For Me" by Michael Buble. The fresh fish at dinner was delicious and all the guests joined in the dancing, with some encouragement from their tropical beverages.

Tom's favorite part? The late night churros. He downed easily half a dozen fresh, warm churros with chocolate and caramel sauce. I nearly had to roll him home down the beach that night.

1 comment:

  1. And... I'm crying. At work, no less. You are so sweet. I miss you already! So glad you were with us in Cabo, and so glad you are doing this blog so I can nose my way into your life without being there (although, let's face it, I would rather be there!)

    - Little

    P.S. Driving down Santa Monica Blvd last night and saw a place called Churros Caliente. A must visit when you and Mr. Grego come to stay ;)

    ReplyDelete