Image Map

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Two Americans in Paris

After braving the cold for our evening boat ride, we returned to the neighborhood where we were staying. We had heard of an Americanized restaurant in the area and were very curious to check it out for ourselves. Now, we don't often get a lot of American food (except for fast food, gross), so at the end of an exhausting and cold day, comfort food was what we needed.

We went to a place called Coffee Parisien where we had American presidents on our place mats. How awesome is that? It made me miss my president place mat I had as a kid! We were off to a great start. The restaurant was very much like a diner back home and I loved it. I ordered coffee, a bowl of chili that was delicious and the size of my face, and we had sundaes for dessert. I went from starving to unbelievably full in a very short period of time.


I want these place mats.

For our final morning in Paris, we joined our host in exploring the vast markets just across the street from us. However, we were departing in mere hours and I had yet to indulge in a true French pastry. We wandered down to the end of the block where we found a bakery brimming with fresh baked treats of all kinds. I don't just mean donuts and that sort, they had decedent pies and intricate desserts, any type you can imagine. We each got some sort of huge, fresh pastry and ate it while wandering the neighborhood like two very giddy children. Not very Parisian, but super delicious and relaxing.


Before leaving, we picked up macaroons for me to try. I got a raspberry, chocolate, and praline. The praline was amazing and easily my favorite. We will be returning to France in two weeks for the Christmas holiday and I look forward to seeing what other luxurious treats I can find!

No comments:

Post a Comment