Image Map

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Bachelorette and the City

If you ever need to know how to throw a successful bachelorette party, just ask my MOH. I am not a go-crazy-and-rage-all-night sort of gal, but I also told myself to relax, go with the flow, and enjoy one of my last official girls nights ever.

The morning of, it was down pouring throughout the city, you will soon see rain is a common theme when it comes to my summer wedding activities. I wasn't told what was on the agenda so the added weather challenge was throwing me off my game. Finally, I settled on pink pants (which are actually capris but on my stubby legs come across as pants), and an off the shoulder white top with sandals. Versatile, a hint of bridal white, and cute.

Around noon some of the girls and I met up at Navy Pier for the first adventure, a boat cruise luncheon. We went on the Odyssey and it was a very classy event, reminding me of cruises I used to go on with my family back in the day. Lunch was delicious and had three courses. I had a salad, salmon, and a berry dessert, plus a couple of beverages!

The obligatory cruise ship photo!


A black car picked us up and drove us to the hotel where we would be staying that evening. I didn't realize there had been some scheming going on and walked into a fully decorated room. Penis straws, phallic shaped cookies, endless wine, and a perfect assortment of snacks were some of the many things awaiting our arrival!



For party favors, there were hangover kits accompanied by a box of chocolates to help you get through the following morning. The boxes were a beautiful lilac color, holding true to my wedding colors of cream, gray, and shades of purple.


The lovely, delectable spread that awaited us! Even though I wasn't quite hungry, I ate a hefty quantity of brie, crackers, vegetables, and hummus! Plus one of the girls brought my favorite Trader Joe's treat: goat cheese smothered in blueberries. It's pure antioxidants, people!

We chatted, drank wine, and played some very entertaining card games before I opened up gifts. Each girl got me a piece of lingerie or sleepwear and I had to guess who purchased what, I guessed nearly all of them correctly! 

Dinner was rapidly approaching so we changed and prepared ourselves for the evening ahead. I wore a classic white dress I found at Nordstrom Rack and was feeling pretty damn good about myself. Then, I got a mysterious black stain on my dress. Thankfully, one of my bridesmaids saved me and scrubbed it out. The black must have come from the lovely shot necklaces I was wearing because before too long, the stain was back. After replacing my necklaces with some untarnished ones and cleaning the dress one more time, we were ready to head out.

Luckily, the restaurant was close by, as it had started to rain again. We ate at Untitled, a speakeasy type supper club just a couple of blocks from our hotel. I've lived in Chicago for three years and I had never been to Untitled and I have to say, it was such a cool experience. They will have different theme nights and while we were there there was an amazing jazz band playing. While the band would take breaks, burlesque style dancers came out on stage. The whole vibe was very retro and I loved it. We ordered a plethora of dishes and ate family style, after finishing we headed to a side room to check out the bar. In the mean time, the band's stage was converted to a dance floor. The floor was jammed with people. We crossed paths with some other bachelor/bachelorette parties, it's always fun to celebrate with other people!


A few hours of dancing later, we decided to call it a night. Some girls headed home while the rest of us walked back to the hotel, in the rain. The wine and snacks welcomed us once again, so we refreshed and nourished ourselves before heading to bed.

I give a lot of credit to all of the girls who came out with me that night. I had so much fun and it was exactly how I wanted my bachelorette party to be. I was able to enjoy the city I love so much, yet never have enough time to explore. That weekend was a perfect send off for one of my last nights as an unmarried lady!



No comments:

Post a Comment