Image Map

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Gift Ideas For Your Fave Teacher

The holidays are all about spreading joy and the season of giving. As a teacher at a private preschool, I have been very fortunate with a lot of the gifts I received last year, this year the outlook isn't so good. Allow me to provide some inspiration on what to get the teacher in your life:

tweet a coffee
Starbucks/Coffee Shop Gift Card: Yes, it may seem obvious but when you teach coffee = life. If they don't drink coffee, they can grab a tea or snack instead.


Spa Gift Card: I am getting a free massage over break thanks to the extreme generosity of one of my parents. Spa finder is a safe bet, a lot of salons will accept them. Or, go to a manicure salon near you and pick one up.


LUEY Gift Card: This is my last suggestion in the gift card category, promise. This one is really great for Chicago area teachers and many people may not be aware of it. There is a whole list of really nice restaurants that are a part of this program. My fiance and I paid for a few dates this past year thanks to these gift cards.

Baked goods: If you have a signature treat, whip up a batch and bring it in. Some teachers I know will hate on homemade treats, but I am not one of them. The picture is linked to my oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe if you want to give it a try!

An ornament: I received this one my first year teaching preschool from a student who moved up briefly after I started. They wrote my name and the year on the back. It meant a lot and still makes me smile every time I see it on my tree.

Monogram Mug
The quintessential initial mugs: Anthro has cute ones, but even DIY a white one with some sharpies if you're crafty. White mug + sharpies + baked at 350 for 30 minutes = DIY mug!

Something personal: If you know them on an at least casual level, don't be afraid to get them something you think they would like. I got engaged this year, so one parent was super sweet and got me a ring holder. Something I would not have purchased for myself but I use it almost daily. Include the gift receipt just in case!

Other good go to's are obviously most gift cards (I just got a huge one to Amazon), a coffee tumbler filled with treats and classroom goods a la Pinterest, or, honestly, a holiday thank you card. This time of year is crazy for everyone and I know we teachers are overwhelmed with holiday parties, creating gifts for our students, and attempting to tackle lesson plans from now and into the new year. Many teachers will spend their holiday breaks working on things for school and now is a great time of year to show your gratitude and appreciation for all they do.



No comments:

Post a Comment