Image Map

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Five Ways to Make Your Week Better

Nothing is as gratifying a feeling as knowing you are prepared for the week ahead. I don't often have time during the week to meal prep and cook and do laundry. Putting in some extra effort over the weekend makes the rest of my week easier.



1. Make lunches for the work week. Usually, I compile a large salad for lunch with a veggie burger, lettuce, some quinoa, and whatever vegetables I have on hand. I will also use whatever leftovers I have from the previous week, like my tilapia, quinoa, vegetable combo above.


2. Make a weekly to do list. If I have extra time, a list of all I need to accomplish that week makes it easier to narrow down a task I can do quickly. Such as paying bills, reading a book or article, or sending a card. I also love my planner from Paper Source. I can view things by the week and attach my current to do list to the page. Productivity at it's finest.

3. Stock your cabinets, fridge, and fruit bowl. I love grocery shopping on weekend mornings. Outside of being able to avoid crowds, I am always prepared for the week ahead.

4. Get in a solid weekend workout. My goal is to get in six workouts a week. Lately, it's been more like five. If you come home from work exhausted, hungry, and not feeling well, you don't want to work out. Squeezing in at least one weekend work out makes it possible to take an extra day off to relax and recharge.


5. Know where you can get a {healthy} last minute meal when things get too crazy. Some days, you don't have time to pack a lunch. In the evening, you may not want to cook. No big deal. Keep a good for you place in mind (aka not fast food) for when you'd rather someone else prepare dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment