Image Map

Sunday, November 24, 2013

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!



The Magnificent Mile Lighting Festival went down last night and it was freezing. I am a huge baby when it comes to being cold. You can imagine my joy at the plummeting temperatures as we were volunteering yesterday. Never have I worn so many layers and never have I been so afraid I might lose a toe to frost bite. Thank goodness one of our friends gave me their "serious winter hat" or I may not have survived. However, being a huge Christmas devotee I was in awe of how beautiful Michigan Avenue looked once the parade got going. 

Poor Mario Lopez (wrapped in his red scarf) couldn't handle the cold. He came down twenty minutes before the parade started and was ushered right back up on a golf cart as soon as he completed the route. I don't blame him.


I felt very badly for the people trying to contain this guy! He face planted at one point...



I loved this trolley. I also loved being able to take pictures from the middle of the street. Too cool.

The ABC 7 float was my favorite. 

Sadly, I missed Santa at the very end. My feet were frozen and I tried to escape inside a store to warm up as Santa was passing behind me! Horrible timing. The experience was amazing and really puts me in the Christmas spirit. I will have my decorations up before the end of the week for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment