Image Map

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Tis The Season For Engagements!

Fa la la la la la la la laaaaa. Christmas, Valentine's Day, and birthdays. The trifecta of popular times to propose. Me, my fiance proposed on a birthday vacation. I never saw it coming, well played sir. With engagements come presents. Some are awesome...some are platters or gift cards to stores you will never use. As your loved ones get accept proposals this holiday season, get them some congratulatory gifts that don't suck.




1. Tiffany and Co. Champagne Flutes. This is a pricier option, but very classy. One of my bridesmaids purchased them for us. As a person who has never received anything in a little, much less a big, blue box, I was thrilled. 

2. Ring holder. Think about their style. I personally am a fan of this Kate Spade ring holder, but a friend of mine who received the same gift preferred a simpler, etsy style holder. 

3. Bridal/I Do/Mrs jewelry. Kate Spade has super cute wedding jewelry, I am a big fan of their Mrs. necklace. Most stores or boutiques will carry their own take on this idea.

4. Monograms. I swear, I possess a little bit of my grandmother's southern spirit with my love of all things monogrammed. A notepad, necklace, or cozy pullover sweater would be a perfect choice.

5. Money. I don't care how tacky it sounds. Weddings are expensive. Many couples would rather have $25 cash instead of the same value on a gift card to a store they may or may not frequent.

6. Helpful tips and insight. Brides enjoy pointers from people who have been there. But, I don't need to hear gossip from your wedding or a minute by minute recap. You know a way to save on flowers, DIY something cute, or what worked and didn't work? By all means, let me in on your secrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment