Image Map

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Brush Your Body

Not to brag or anything, but I typically have the supple, soft skin of a goddess. It's not necessarily anything I noticed myself, but I always received compliments on my skin tone and lack of dry elbows. Well this cold weather is destroying my bragging rights. My devotion to long, hot showers after my daily workout may also be slightly to blame. Regardless, scrubbing my skin with abrasive scrubs and creating a slippery body scrub fest on my shower floor wasn't working out for me. I swung into Ulta one day, picked up a body brush and gave dry body brushing a go instead. 

While dry body brushing has a plethora of benefits for perfect skin year round, it is especially awesome at perking up your skin this time of year as well. An added bonus? It feels amazing. I can literally feel my body becoming more awake and refreshed. Check out this article on Mind Body Green for all the details. For a basic run down, keep reading.


Step one. Get your body brush
Step two. Start at your feet, work your way up toward your heart. Feet, legs, stomach. Do the opposite down your back, start at the top and work your way down.
Step three. Shower, wash all those dead skin cells away.
Step four. Moisturize away! Your skin will be ready to absorb whatever you put on, I love Trader Joe's Vitamin E oil.Or add on your favorite body cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment