Image Map

Monday, February 17, 2014

Reevaluate Your Skin Care

For the past three years I haven't changed my face care routine. I have oily, sometimes acne prone skin. Never too much dryness but some sensitivity and tightness at times. I, naively, thought my daily process was fine. Facials every six to eight weeks kept my skin mostly clear with the exception of break outs from stress or, you know, hormones.

Friday, I came back from walking the three minutes to grab lunch and looked in the mirror and my face was red. Like super embarrassing looked like I had been crying red. We will call that my aha moment. My gel wash and acne prone moisturizer was no longer cutting it. I've never had good luck with more gentle cleansers though. They clog my pores instantly and I turn into an oil slick. I was discussing my horrifying situation with a friend and she recommended Simple.

Never would I think of myself of having sensitive skin. Who knows my skin better than me? Well, I came across a trial pack at Target on Saturday for less than five dollars. It contained a face wash, moisturizer, and a small pack of cleansing wipes. I considered it a sign I really needed to give it a try. Three days in, I love it. My skin has been way less oily, less tight, and is still super clear. We also went down town today in a horrible snow storm and below freezing temperatures and my face didn't look red or feel sensitive when we stopped for a bathroom break.



This winter has been especially brutal and your daily routine may need a switch up as well. It's easy to remember to switch your wardrobe to things more weather appropriate, but often we forget about our skin. At least I did! I know I got super lucky finding a whole little pack to try out, try to find a trial size of a new product to give it a go. Taking great care of your skin now will pay off in the future, I want to age amazingly and gracefully so if a face wash/moisturizer update is all it takes, the changes are worthwhile!


No comments:

Post a Comment