Image Map

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Exercise Your Brain

I believe I've always been a bit of a nerd. For two consecutive years in elementary school I won our classroom reading race, a competition to see who could read the most books in one school year. I totally crushed the competition. A well stocked book store still brings never ending excitement to my day. I also enjoy things like sudoku and puzzles. My great grandmother would do those huge 1000 piece puzzles well into her eighties. I come from a long line of smart women. 



A perfectly winter appropriate challenge I present to you is to take fifteen minutes today, and as many days as you can, to workout your mind. Society always emphasizes outer beauty and obvious strength as the definition of health and perfection. We often forget to work on the unseen, like our brain and our mental strength. Plus, it's really relaxing and will benefit you much more in the long run than that extra episode of reality tv. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment