Image Map

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Fabulous in February: A Man Friendly Potluck Dish

We attended a friend's Super Bowl party today. It was potluck style at their condo and, at my fiance's suggestion, I needed to bring my famous meatloaf. The dish isn't inherently potluck, grab and go, appropriate. Also, our friend's wife doesn't eat red meat. Major whomp whomp. After some soul searching, and grocery searching, I put together a football friendly treat.



Mini (Turkey) Meatloaf Sliders:
-3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-1/2 cup oats
-1 egg
-1/2 teaspoon salt
- BBQ Sauce for topping
-1 pound lean ground turkey
- Hawaiian Mini Sub Sweet Rolls
Calories per mini slider: 169



Mix egg, oatmeal, milk, cheese, and salt. Add in ground turkey. Form into large six mini meatloaves. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet and cook at 350 for 45 minutes. Let the mini loaves cool, then slice in half. Slice the mini sub rolls in half and place half a meatloaf on each. Secure with a toothpick. This makes one dozen sliders.







These were a total shot in the dark initially and I think they're going to be a big hit. I ate one already and the pairing is delicious.

I also brought along some vegetables and hummus to snack on myself. Because, you know, if I'm famished table full of dips, chips, and unhealthy treats is staring me in the face I am totally eating it.


No comments:

Post a Comment