Image Map

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Fabulous in February: Get Your Life Together For the Month Ahead

I always love the beginning of a new month. A fresh page in my agenda book, changing the calendars to see what events I have ahead. Also, it is the perfect time to analyze whatever it is you want to accomplish in the next few weeks. I've laid out some of my tasks broken down by category to give you some inspiration on what you can focus on this February:

Finances:
-I don't follow a strict budget (although that may be changing soon), but I lay out which bills with be coming from which pay check. Checking my calendar, I can see I also have a facial, hair cut, and dinner out with friends this week. I need to make sure I have extra money set aside for that as well as my usual groceries, gas, and Target run.
-I finally tackled an issue one of my student loans seemed to be having. Luckily, it was an easy fix. I made an over sight on some forms I needed to send in, so they are now addressed and ready to be sent out.

Fitness:
-My monthly goal is five workouts a week with one being an hour long yoga workout to stretch and help my muscles recover. I often get six workouts in each week, which helps me to feel extra productive and great!
-I try my wedding dress on in 16 days. You bet your butt I'm stepping up the cardio and toning routines. Early this morning, I did a 45 minute workout dvd consisting of weights, abs, and cardio. I will keep you updated on the new fitness routines I try throughout the month.

Home/Organization:
-So today I cleared out my fridge and cabinets. It's a very unsettling thing to do when it's too snowy to leave the house. We are living on leftovers today, may do dinner out tonight, and it allowed me to accurately evaluate all the items I now need to buy at the stores tomorrow. At least there will be plenty of room for everything when I cart it home!
-I also created my weekly list of errands, workouts, and other tasks to do.
-I like to use my weekends to get things accomplished so our place is vacuumed, mopped, and our half a dozen loads of laundry are complete. The latter is no easy task as it required quarters and traipsing up and down a freezing cold stairwell to the basement. I will be so glad when we have laundry in our own home!

Wedding:
-My wedding to do's this month are super simple. Thank goodness. I need to mail our Save the Dates, the main issue has been getting to the post office to purchase stamps. I also want to register, set aside pictures for my hair and make up trial on the 16th of this month, and set up appointments to do our cake and food tasting. You know, the fun stuff. I'm actually pretty pumped for this month of planning, our long engagement and working ahead is starting to pay off.
-Chill. Relax. Enjoy that I am engaged and planning what is going to be a seriously amazing time for our friends and family. And, of course, appreciate being one month closer to marrying the love of my life.

Health:
-Throughout this month I will be doing some clean eating features and healthy food swaps. I am aiming to incorporate more whole foods into my diet each day. Processed items, even too frequent of granola bars, leave me feeling bloated and hungry.
-Mental health is also important, I am going to finish two books and make more time for "brain games" like sudoku. My fiance and I play chess on SocialChess for our iPhones, so I plan to get in the habit of checking our game more than once every three days. Maybe this will help me improve my chess skills? Doubtful, I am really quite awful.

What are some of your big picture goals for the month?

No comments:

Post a Comment