Image Map

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Love Where You Live, Live Where You Love

Residing in the glorious city of Chicago, it's easy to boast about the uniqueness of where I live. The activities are endless, the diversity is ample, and the food is delicious. Public transit, valet parking, lakefront bike lanes, all help to make the city accessible to tourists and locals alike. Being from small town Indiana, I am fully aware some places don't have nearly as much to offer for culture, events, and all around amusement.

So what is your Fabulous in February challenge for the day? I believe we are in control of our lives much more than we realize and a healthy dose of appreciation and perspective of where you're living is needed on occasion. You task today is to find an activity to attend, or coordinate a neighborhood party, throw together a girls night out (or in). It doesn't have to be expensive, aka a classic dvd and cheap bottle of wine in your own abode will add some atmosphere to your home, your life, and your city. 


Taken from Oak Street Beach on a glorious summer day!


Last night, I went out to take advantage of restaurant week for a second time. I will say, all of my food was amazing and it was worth the freezing cold train ride after work! I am completely guilty of not enjoying all my glorious city has to offer, this is something that needs to change. 

Where are you from? What makes your town so unique and what do you enjoy doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment