Image Map

Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Healthy Chocolate, Banana, and Peanut Butter Treat!



This week has been a crazy one, and when life gets crazy I need something sweet to get me through. While I love a good smoothie, they don't always hit the spot. I'm a die hard chocolate fan when it comes to my desserts. Tonight when I got home from work, I opened up my cupboards to see what I had on hand and came up with a delicious treat.

Ingredients:
-1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
-1 frozen banana
-2 tablespoons PB2
-1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
-1 teaspoon truvia

Calories: 185

Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth, a couple of minutes should do it.  I blend the milk and banana first to make sure it gets blended well, then add the rest of the items.

I always keep a frozen chopped banana or two in the freezer for nights when I am craving something blended. If you don't have a frozen banana, use a fresh one and add a handful of ice. This will literally knock any sugar craving out of the park. Plus, you will get some good protein from the almond milk and PB2. The banana offers vitamins, fiber, and potassium to keep you going.  

I purchased PB2 on a whim a few months back, as an avid nut butter lover I needed a lighter option to satisfy me. Initially, I made it as instructed, blending with water and using as regular peanut butter. Terrible. Just a complete insult to peanut butter and all other nuts. Then, I started adding it to random concoctions. I'll mix a spoonful in with oatmeal, or sprinkle it on top of coconut milk chocolate ice cream and it's perfect every time. I ordered the chocolate PB2 and it should come in this weekend, hopefully it ends up being just as tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment