Image Map

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Weekday Snacking

Sunday evening is upon us. Boo. I am very big on healthy snacking, especially during the week. I eat breakfast super early and have lunch at one or two depending on the day. A simple piece of fruit at 10 am? Nope. That won't cut it for me. I need to keep my energy up and my stomach satisfied. These treats are some of my go to's.



1. Yogurt. These flavors are my recent favorites. I don't like eating a whole lot of dairy so coconut milk yogurt is a satisfying alternative. I will typically eat an apple with my yogurt.



2. Hummus and Vegetables. Or hummus and anything. Trader Joe's Chipotle Pepper Hummus is amazing. A little spicy and full of flavor, perfect for veggies or pretzel thins.



3. Dates and Almonds. I picked up this combination when we went to France in August, so technically this snack is a foreign delicacy. Just stuff the almond inside the date, or eat as a trail mix. Lightly salted almonds work best and create that salty/sweet combination. Five or six is a good amount and will keep you full. Mariano's and Whole Foods sell good quality dates.


4. Juices/Smoothies: I finally found the juice I went in search of last week. I am bringing this one as my snack tomorrow. Hopefully it's good! Another great one to take with you is the metabolic supercharge smoothie from blogilates.com, or if you have a sweet tooth make my chocolate pb2 smoothie.

5. Popcorn. I like Angie's Artisan Treats Boom Chicka Pop with Sea Salt. You can pick it up in the chips or health food section of most supermarkets. One cup is 35 calories, a serving (4 cups, which is a lot of popcorn) is 140 calories. Trader Joe's sells a delicious Herbs and Spices popcorn as well. I like to have half the serving size of popcorn and eat some fruit or veggies for a well rounded treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment