Image Map

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Books: Good for the Soul

There's nothing quite as frustrating as not feeling well on a Sunday evening. My mom was in town this weekend which meant staying up late talking, manicures, and some classic Chi town treats like deep dish pizza and Lucky's. Lucky's is where they shove cole slaw and french fries into your already huge sandwich. Amazing, just never eat more than half the sandwich! However, so much fun and fine dining has done a number on my immune system. So, what's a girl to do?

--Drink lots of fluids. I've had my water on hand all day.
--Tea. I love tea. Green tea is the best for colds, currently I'm sipping on herbal tea as I am out of decaf green tea and I have to be up early tomorrow!
--Eat Healthy. It will make you feel better. Broth based soups, a light salad, some veggies and hummus as long as your stomach can handle it. Good food with give your body a boost.
--Humidifier. Depending on your ailment a humidifier could be a lifesaver. My congestion has been eased as I've had mine going all day.
--Move! But just a little... As long as you don't have the flu or a super severe cold, get the blood pumping a bit. I did some light pilates this afternoon.
--Relax. I'm catching up on my beloved Snapped at the moment, then I will take on my ever increasing pile of books for an hour or so before bed. 

My new cooking books from half.com arrived this weekend! I also went on a Kindle book ordering spree: The English Girl, Quiet: The Power of Introverts, and Add More -Ing to your Life. Cannot wait to get through them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment