Image Map

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fall Weather and A Change of Pace

This week has had its moments where I have realized I need to slow down for a bit and enjoy the moment. I always arrive at work early to avoid rush hour traffic and today I decided to enjoy a walk around the park. Chicago is such a gorgeous city, and the early morning tends to capture it best.



Everything is quiet and still, the sun rising over the lake captures the changing leaves, and the crisp fall air is ideal for being able to have a moment to yourself to think and breathe. I've long believed you shouldn't do something if you don't want to, this is both a good and bad thing. It can be good because if there is something I must do, I am going to make sure it as enjoyable as possible. The down side is, if I don't have a desire to do something, it makes it much harder to accomplish. Lately, I have been hitting a brick wall with my routines and need something new. This is something very shocking to me because I am very routine oriented. I love my lists and when a task needs completed it should be done now. Then it should be written on said list and crossed off, with color coordinated pens and markers. You get the point, I don't like people to mess with my process. Well tomorrow is Friday. We all know how I feel about Friday. This weekend my fiance and I will be traveling home until Sunday morning to visit my family in Indiana, however I am fortunate to have Columbus Day off work. This means a long weekend for me to relax, refocus, and restrategize. I look forward to enjoying a long walk or run, cleaning and restocking our place with fresh groceries, and spending some time in the kitchen! Check back Monday, I will have a great Meatless Monday recipe to check out, until then have a safe holiday weekend and enjoy a gorgeous wall in this fall weather!

Oh, and enjoy this perfect afternoon picture of the city, breath taking, isn't it?





No comments:

Post a Comment