Image Map

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Getting Back on Track, by Switching Things Up

I mentioned earlier how I have been longing for a change in my routine. My workouts have become methodical and difficult to get through because they don't hold my interest. My daily routine needs some excitement and variety in order for me to keep up my healthy lifestyle. 


I believe by now we've all seen this little gem made popular on pinterest and many other sites. No? Well according to online articles, health magazines, and personal experience; this picture may capture the essence of success. I have a secret for you, I am scared of running. Not just scared, thinking about running gives me anxiety. Why? No clue. However, I am determined to improve myself, my fitness, and the way I have been going about my day to day life. Because that's where the magic happens. I've picked some key points I want to improve upon inspired by this logic. Won't you join me?

1. Run 20 minutes, twice a week. Why? It is a form of exercise I am uncomfortable performing, and without a good reason. I went for a 20+ minute run/walk yesterday so I'm off to a good start.
2. Decrease my caffeine intake. One cup of coffee in the morning, a cup of caffeinated tea or coffee at lunch. Maximum. My dependence on caffeine is embarrassing.
3. Eat clean for the next week. No cheating. This long holiday weekend was kind of a set back for me health wise. This means no chocolate, added sugars, or artificial beverages (I'm looking at you Coke Zero) for seven days. Today was day one.
4. Exercise first thing in the morning at least twice a week. I have to get to work relatively early so this is sometimes tricky, but it sure beats having to work out as soon as I get home each night. I've already had some success with this but look forward to improving on it.
5. Drink more water. I have a serious need for an insane amount of water. As in liters and liters of water each day, a very unfortunate problem when you have limited bathroom breaks at work! Lately, I have been struggling to drink water because it's been so boring. I picked up some lemon and mint at the store this week to add in and keep me guzzling more.
6. Stick to my meal planning. I was thrown off by this today as I dropped my homemade salad all over the floor, but I hurried over to Mariano's to get another salad from their salad bar to compensate.
7. Do many types of exercise each week to prevent boredom. I tried to follow fitness plans online, or even my own. However, I've realized some days you come home and want to swap yoga or weights for that 45 minutes of cardio you have planned. And that's okay.

What would your goals be? I will be updating you on my progress, and would love to hear suggestions for more ways to keep it interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment