Image Map

Monday, October 7, 2013

Simple Pumpkin Tomato Soup

The temperatures in the city have taken a major nose dive on this glorious Monday. All I could think of was having delicious, warm soup for dinner when I got home. There is a cafe back in Indiana that offers a delicious pumpkin tomato soup. It is so good and served as my inspiration for this dish. Let's be honest, I don't have time, especially during the week, to make soup from scratch. I had purchased pumpkin soup from Trader Joe's this weekend and used that as my base for my recipe. It is good on it's own. Pumpkin puree and carrots are included in the ingredients, which are great and healthy fall foods. However, it is sweet and I was craving something a bit more savory and creamy.
 Here are the details (makes one serving):

-1 cup Trader Joe's pumpkin soup
-2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
-Handful (about 5) cherry tomatoes
-Cinnamon to taste

Calories: 130



First, blend the tomatoes and milk in a blender. I left mine chunky to add texture to the soup. 



Combine the tomatoes and milk with 1 cup pumpkin soup in a small pot. I added a few dashes of cinnamon and left it on medium heat for five minutes and this is what I got:

The whole process took less than ten minutes, perfect for a weeknight meal. This soup is filling and very satisfying, you could even top it with plain greek yogurt and some pumpkin pie spice for a special treat! I had a side of quinoa and a cup tea with mine, the perfect fall meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment