Image Map

Saturday, January 18, 2014

IT HAS ARRIVED!

Oh yes. The day I have been waiting for. My wedding dress is in! Now sadly, I have to wait until President's Day to have my initial try on as I (obviously) want my mom to be there for the big moment and they only do these appointments during the week. In a completely unfair and totally ironic fashion, I got the call right before heading out to an indulgent rib dinner with friends. Oh well. I enjoyed my half slab and pepper jack creamed spinach anyway. 

While the first try on is obviously not going to require me to be in "wedding shape", no one wants to put on their dress for the first time and feel unworthy of such glorious perfection. I clearly love my dress... Regardless, I do plan on toning up and being aware of what I am putting into my body. My biggest obstacle is going to be eating out. More often than not, I prefer to cook at home. Many of my dishes are similar to, or better, than what we over pay on a date night out. With Chicago's Restaurant Week a couple of weeks away and two nights out planned during that time, some extra attention must be granted to my menu choices. I plan to menu creep on some healthy options before hand and do my best to not devour everything on my plate. Either way, at least I will have a good time catching up with friends I haven't seen in a while!

Speaking of weddings, I may have been a bit overly ambitious when it came time to address our save the dates. As in, I wanted to hand address over one hundred. I have completed 39 and my goal was to have them mailed out a week ago. Yikes. Check out my Instagram for a picture of my battle wound I incurred while working for hours on my crazy project. Now, I am off to address some more envelopes! Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment