Image Map

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa

The temperatures in the city are still unbelievably miserable. While driving home in snow and subzero weather, all I could think about was relaxing as soon as I walked in the door. What relaxes me? At the moment, chocolate and peanut butter. The base recipe was taken from my skinny spicy hot cocoa recipe, I just tweaked it a bit. 

Recipe:
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk

- 1.5 tablespoons Hershey's unsweetened cocoa
- 2 packets Truvia
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter
- Whipped cream (optional)
Calories: 105 (sans whipped cream)

I heated my milk on the stove before adding the cocoa, truvia, and vanilla. I blended the mix with a whisk for a couple of minutes. Then added peanut butter about a minute before taking it off the stove, to ensure everything completely dissolved. 




I have been cutting back on dairy recently, but I absolutely add a bit or Redi Whip to the top of mine. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment