Image Map

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Revving Up Your Resolutions


Some coffee and blogging on a snow day!


As I relax in my apartment on this bitter cold snow day number two, I have been reading through some of my favorite websites. We all love an extra kick in the pants to get us going each January, right? Gotta make good on those resolutions and goals somehow! While looking through Greatist.com, their article on the 100 Most Influential People in Health and Fitness caught my eye. This article captures every thing that I love about health, fitness, wellness, self improvement, and how accessible the internet makes all of this information. While I don't envision myself cultivating a six pack in the near future, or going Paleo and abandoning my love for chocolate, I truly enjoy motivational pieces like this, offering up new tid bits and perspectives on a fascinating subject: us. 

So how can a list of ONE HUNDRED PEOPLE with differing view on health and fitness possibly be beneficial? It captures the reality of getting healthy. While there are a few basic truths (vegetables are good, so is exercise), what is perfect for me, may not be perfect for you. Don't be afraid to try and fail. What if you are determined to go vegan, be a pro crossfit athlete, and run a successful business and it doesn't quite pan out? Oh well, give something else a go. We're always changing, as are our needs. Respect your body and give it the love, nourishment, and activity it requires. Stop making it a battle.  

Here's what I got from the post: 1. My love for Cassey Ho and Gabrielle Bernstein is well founded. They are fitness/health/spiritual geniuses. 2. Give "The Glute Guy" (yes an actual person on this list) a go. Change up your workout, tweak your diet, your lifestyle, or try something new. Me, I am interested in giving acupuncture a go in the near future. New year, new experiences. After all, if it doesn't work, there are ninety nine other views to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment