Image Map

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Oh No, SNOW!

The city has been covered in falling snow and unbearable temperatures every day in the new year. I am not a fan of this pattern to say the least. While I barricaded myself indoors Wednesday and Thursday, Friday finally forced me to venture into the world. After grabbing some groceries in the morning and working out, my MOH and I headed to a possible florist. It went well, and if my fiance would actually look over the flower details we may be able to check "book florist" off our to do list. We're keeping the flowers simple yet elegant and prioritizing delectable food over overwhelming floral arrangements. Friday night my MOH and I headed downtown to meet one of my bridesmaids and her husband for dinner. If you're in the city and don't mind some spice in your food, I recommend Heaven on Seven. Perfect every time. 

Saturday morning was bridesmaids dress shopping and we found a flirty, flattering dress for the girls which was available in a beautiful shade of plum. The dress was slightly pricier than I had hoped at $260, but I plan to make it up to them later! After a lunch out in the neighborhood, some of us crashed hard for a two hour nap, wedding planning is quite exhausting! We ordered Thai food, relaxed, and enjoyed Dirty Work over dinner and ice cream. 


Five of my six lovely bridesmaids.


Today, the snow has returned heavier than ever. Secretly, my fingers are crossed for a snow day in the morning. Chicago does a decent job clearing the roads, but with a projected -50 windchill, I hurt for my coworkers taking public transit to work and my wee ones who walk to school. We will have to see what the weather has in store for us in the morning, but I would love to be able to stay cozy warm indoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment